Thursday, May 10, 2012

3 designers, 1 stamp set: Mini Blog Hop

Hi everyone

Welcome to this mini blog hop, showcasing the stamp set “Critters on the Farm” by Lawn Fawn!

This is the first stop on the hop, and here is the full blog hop list:
3. Britta Swiderski http://brittaswiderski.com/

We have been sponsored by Lawn Fawn for this hop, so we are giving away a “Critters on the Farm” stamp set to one lucky winner! Thank you so much Lawn Fawn for sponsoring our hop =) To win, you must comment on at least one of the blogs participating in this mini blog hop. Please only leave one comment on each blog. You have until 11:59 pm GDT on May 14th to leave your comments.

There are also a few extra things you can do, to have even more chances of winning:
- Post about our mini blog hop on Facebook, with link to the hop
- Post about our mini blog hop on their own blog, with link to the hop
- Tweet about our mini blog hop, with link to the hop. Please put @ivgupta @waterfilterlove @legojenta in your tweet, so that we can see it.
Please post a seperate comment on this blogpost only for each of the extra things you do, with a link to where you've shared. 


Here is the card I made for our mini blog hop:


I used the hen stamp, and stamped it normally and reverse stamped it too to make the hen and rooster. I omitted the "flap" under the chin to make the hen different from the rooster. I don't know if hens have those flaps or not, but I thought the hen looked more feminine without it =) I also colored the red on the hen's head with a lighter color then on the rooster. With the little chick in between the hen and rooster, I think they look like a cute little family =) For the sentiment, I used stamps from Lawn Fawn's "Plus One".

Be sure to comment here for your chance to win, before continuing the hop! The next person on this mini hop is the talented Isha =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

31 comments:

Piali said... [Reply]

Super CUTE card! love it!

cutiephinphin said... [Reply]

What a cute baby card. Omitting little details like the flap make a difference. Love how you 'played around' with the stamp set.

Dawn said... [Reply]

what a super cute little card Marie. You guys have done a great job with this set.

Kristy said... [Reply]

The blog hop is a great idea! Cute card too :)

Laurel said... [Reply]

So cute Marie! And I don't think hens have that little flap thing so perfect!!!!! Super cute!

~amy~ said... [Reply]

such a cute baby chickie card! Fun hop!

Jeanette M. said... [Reply]

Cute card, Marie. I like the contrast between the white and the kraft.

Isha said... [Reply]

This is such a cute card Marie!!! I just love white against Kraft. It was fun:=)

shpatel2 said... [Reply]

This card is soooo cute! I LOVE IT! :)

Meagan Vaughn said... [Reply]

My sister is pregnant right now and this card is just so cute and hits home for me. Thanks for sharing!

Wondercraft said... [Reply]

Hi Marie, I've been following your blog and yt channel from a while now. I love you clean and simple style cards. thanks for ding this blog hop.

Serena

Annette said... [Reply]

super cute...

Laura Jane said... [Reply]

This is a CUTIE card! I love your CLEAN and SIMPLE style.

lonesome55dove/krazy4kardz said... [Reply]

Very cute card...love it. How do you "reverse" a stamp?? Many thanks to you and Lawn Fawn for the chance to win this adorable stamp set.

maddymuscles said... [Reply]

I love this card! I've totally had my eye on this stamp set for awhile... :)

Cheryl Winget said... [Reply]

What a sweet card. Thanks for all the tips on modifying the rooster stamp, too.

Meghan said... [Reply]

Such a cute non-traditional welcome baby card. Love it!

Karina Beck said... [Reply]

Gorgeous card. I love your CAS designs!

Yainea said... [Reply]

So cute! I love the green behind the adorable scene, it really makes the kraft pop! And I really love the detail that you stamped a rooster and a hen ;)

Marie / Legojenta said... [Reply]

@lonesome55dove/krazy4kardz
I did a video showing how to reverse a stamp using a solid block stamp from Paper Smooches here: http://legojenta.blogspot.com/2012/02/reverse-stamping-with-new-paper.html

You can also use the back side of a large, normal clear stamp like Chari shows here: http://lawnfawn.blogspot.com/2012/01/lawn-clippings-wednesday-with-chari.html

Agata said... [Reply]

Truly sweet card! Love it!

Britta Swiderski said... [Reply]

Marie, this is so sweet! I love the reverse stamping and how you made them the mom and dad. That's adorable. Thanks so much for organizing this mini hop for us. You're the best! <3

Renee said... [Reply]

Wow, perfect job on this card, your reverse stamping is awesome!!! I've shared this on Twitter, my FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1424328887
and on my blog here: http://luvthisscrap.blogspot.com/2012/05/3-designers-1-stamp-set-mini-blog-hop.html

Kathy W said... [Reply]

Very cute. Love your card and the critters stamp set. Thanks for giving us the chance to win it.

mtscrapgal said... [Reply]

Your chicken family is so cute. The little things you included for male and female chicks really works. Thanks for the hop and prize.

Froggietalks said... [Reply]

What a neat baby card :D LOVE that idea :)

Froggietalks said... [Reply]

I tweeted the link to the blog hop :) It's from Cardcrazed.

Mary-Anne V said... [Reply]

Adorable baby card...love Lawn Fawn stamps.

ebyn said... [Reply]

I <3 lawn fawn stamps!!

Sara said... [Reply]

Great card! Thanks for sharing :)

Kelley said... [Reply]

What a cute baby card! I have a hen sitting on some eggs. I think she may need a card like this! :D Hopefully she'll have more than one baby though!